Sunday, August 22, 2010

I heart Ohio

I love Ohio, particularly this weekend. First, one of my very best friends did a very brave thing and left a city she loved and a job she hated for a new life here in Cincinnati, and she moved in with us! Second, Aaron, my in-laws and I got to love on the Cincinnati Master’s Open where we watched THE Roger Federer advance to the championship round. He went on today to win it all against a surprisingly fit and powerful Mardy Fish and though we weren’t there in person it made yesterday all that more amazing.
it's Roger (left pink tee) and Marcos (right blue tee)!
the giant tennis ball!
I attribute this and many other fun experiences to the fact that we now live in Ohio. For those who know me well you know that along with facebook and blogging I vowed to never live in or near the Buckeye state; funny again how things change. We’ve lived in Ohio for just over a year and in two of its major cities. Much to my surprise it’s been wonderful. Ironically my favorite thing about living in Cleveland was the weather, and so far there are many things on the list for why I like Cincinnati. We’ve been deeply blessed with great places to live and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little embarrassed about all the things I may have said about this state without really knowing what it was like. There is much more for us to discover about Ohio and all it has to offer and we look forward to all the new adventures we’ll have doing it. So here’s to Ohio and though I don’t think we’ve earned it yet one day I hope that even native Ohioans will be able to call us Buckeyes.    

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing time! We watched some of the match and thought of you the entire time!
    So happy that YOU are happy in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a cute picture of you guys! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear ... you aspire to Buckeye-dom?? This is very distressing to your Wolverine friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you aspire to Buckeye-dom! I will grant in with more posts like this one about great Ohio is! It may help too if you buy a shirt or two with a big O on it for that new little one of yours. I stumbled across your blog after reading Kim's. Oliver is SO cute! Congrats

    ReplyDelete