Wednesday, September 28, 2011

excuses in pictures

We've been a little busy lately and here's proof:




Oliver
a visit with Steve and Jolie before they moved to Seattle 
Oliver
the draft
Oliver
the pancake breakfast at Marion's Drive-in Fly-in, or as Aaron calls it "D-I-F-I"
Oliver 
JuJu Berry!
Oliver
couples
Oliver
my new sewing machine, which promptly helped me finish the family room curtains
Oliver
Mark and Lauren weekend!
Oliver at King's Island
I painted the dining room and recovered the chairs
Oliver


Jordan and Allison weekend!
Oliver: army crawling and officially teething all at the same time!

Yeah, I'd say we've been a little preoccupied...


Actually I have another reason blogging has been especially lax, except I don't have a picture to show for it. Lately I've been doing some soul searching and finding that I'm concerned about what I am and am not doing for the Kingdom of God in my day-to-day life. This blog is supposed to be about just what it's title suggests, everything and nothing, and yet I'm worried that my posts have been significantly lacking in the everything category. You see Jesus is and should be my everything and it's not that my life and all the things I've blogged about up to this time are nothings, but they would be if I they didn't include Jesus. Thankfully my life and all that it's made up of does include Jesus, but he should be the headline of each story and not in the background which is where I fear I've put him. So I've decided to include more posts about faith and the spiritual journey that makes up the  everythings and nothings. I still plan to post silly pictures and recaps of things we've done and places we've gone but I'm hoping to have just as many posts where I share what God's been teaching me and how I've seen him at work in and around me. It's a restructuring of sorts that I hope leads to many new and wonderful things not just here but in all aspects of my life and maybe even the lives of others.  

4 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures and can't wait to read the new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Oliver, he is the cutest of all of us. Such a great post of family and fun. love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited to hear about what Jesus is teaching you! I am smiling big right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, all of it, especially the thousand photos of oliver, such joy.

    ReplyDelete