Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quick Hits from the Week Past

So it's approximately 11 p.m. and I realize I have been delinquent in posting pictures from the past few days. To what do I attribute the late hour?  Try: The Middle, Modern Family, Psych, Community, 30 Rock, and The Office. (Yes, our DVR was a bit full).  I promise we did leave the couch to let the dog out, do the dishes, and switch some laundry--it's not like we're that All-American.  Anyway, some quick hits from the past few days.

Friday - we invested in a new rug.  Toby's thankful for the traction.

Then it snowed...a lot.

On Saturday, we braved the snow and cold for our first Real Family Christmas Tree 

We're smiling through the freeze. 



The reindeer added a nice touch, and the place even provided a sled in which we could drag our freshly cut Christmas tree.  As you can see, it also got to come home inside the car.


Jath did most of the arranging. I helped by making coffee for myself and then offering words of encouragement. 



Smells like Christmas.


On Tuesday, Jath's small group came over for our monthly dinner.  Since it was December, the party was appropriately Christmas themed.  Activities included Christmas Pictionary, Christmas cookie decorating, and watching Toby try to process playing with a 14 month old and 2 1/2 year old.
Missing from the picture: 3 parents and one dog owner, perhaps watching over 3 children and one dog?
The Small Group (this is actually one of my "pre-pictures", which always turn out better than the real ones).
This coming weekend is our last before family and friends begin to come for Christmas.  I can't believe we're already this far into December.  On the agenda? Christmas shopping, getting a haircut, getting an oil change, and raking the last of the leaves.


1 comment:

  1. Aaron, if you have that much snow, you can kiss the raking of leaves goodbye. I got an oil change yesterday and gave Dave a haircut Monday, so now I'm feeling all ahead of myself. Except we still need to: get a Christmas tree, do Christmas shopping, do Christmas baking, figure out a Christmas card or letter, clean the bathroom, sweeper the kitchen floor, etc. Dang.

    Love the new rug.

    ReplyDelete