I ran across a picture today that made me want to share just how great my husband is.
He might not always think so but he is a very thoughtful and very good gift giver. Our very first married Christmas together he got me this:
Now admittedly, at first, I had no idea what this was. And I’d be lying if I said I wasn't also a little nervous about what else he was getting me that year. But then he explained. Often as I would stand at the stove cooking our newlywed meals I would let out little "ouch" shouts as tiny drops of grease would jump from the pan catching my exposed skin. It was annoying and sometimes quite painful and it’s not easy to stand 2 feet away from the stove while you’re cooking bacon. Hence Aaron’s very thoughtful gift, a splatter screen from Crate & Barrel. “It’s so you won’t get burned anymore,” a sweet and very practical gift from my even sweeter practical husband. I loved it.
Now admittedly, at first, I had no idea what this was. And I’d be lying if I said I wasn't also a little nervous about what else he was getting me that year. But then he explained. Often as I would stand at the stove cooking our newlywed meals I would let out little "ouch" shouts as tiny drops of grease would jump from the pan catching my exposed skin. It was annoying and sometimes quite painful and it’s not easy to stand 2 feet away from the stove while you’re cooking bacon. Hence Aaron’s very thoughtful gift, a splatter screen from Crate & Barrel. “It’s so you won’t get burned anymore,” a sweet and very practical gift from my even sweeter practical husband. I loved it.
This year we've decided not to exchange gifts as all of our efforts and most of our money has been put towards the upcoming birth of our baby. A gift that despite what my doctor says will be just the perfect size for us this year. Not too big and not too small, a gift as memorable as a splatter screen only sweeter.

What is wrong with that baby's nose??
ReplyDeleteHis father was a snow man. Maybe you should be a little more accepting, Robin.
ReplyDelete