Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby Watch: Day 6


The due date.  Our What to Expect When You're Expecting books tells us that approximately something % of babies are born after their due date.  We are now that statistic.

Jath did some walking around Target, PetsMart, and the Post Office today--actually, not much walking at the Post Office.  Although she's felt some Braxton-Hicks on and off,  we've not hit anything that would indicate full blown labor is on its way.  Fortunately, it's comforting to know that we're reaching the point where this baby will come sooner rather than later, no matter what.

In non-pregnancy news, I was one of six people on my floor at work today.  It was so quiet, the motion sensitive lights kept shutting off.  One of us had leave our office about every hour to go hit the button again.  Quite hilarious, but also a bit depressing.

My Starbucks RewardsTo counter the drudgery of work, I made sure to hit up the Starbucks around the corner.  One reason I love Christmas is that people gift me Starbucks gift cards.  Since Jath and I operate on a Dave Ramsey-style budget, the guilt-free splurge is much appreciated.  And since I recently started using Starbucks's rewards program, the gift cards end up lasting longer and earning me some nice perks.  Being, however, one of those people who prefers to remain inconspicuous, even when taking advantage of things like coupons and other freebies, I'm always a little wary when I pay with my gift card and the cost of the syrup is deducted from my total.  I'm always wondering what the baristas are thinking.  Of course, when I reach the "Gold Level" (cost to do so, given my drinking habits, = $108), they will give me a Gold Card. It will take some serious internal pep talks to slap that baby on the counter without feeling self-conscious.  Oh well. Given the amount of money I've spent there over the course of the last 15 years, I think I'll take my rewards with my head held high.

Well, back to work tomorrow--unless God hits the launch button on this baby.






1 comment:

  1. Dave has a gold card. What does this say about him? Also, I can count on one finger the amount of times per month I go to Starbucks. And a lot of months I don't need that finger.

    ReplyDelete