Monday, November 1, 2010

"Ringing" in November

Happy November!
And welcome to the eighth month of pregnancy.
Thankfully, of the many distasteful pregnancy symptoms that I've been experiencing, unsightly and outrageously uncomfortable swelling has not been one of them...yet. I have however become a little "puffy" over the last several weeks as initially indicated by the increasing difficulty I was having taking off my wedding ring. I usually only take off my ring to put on lotion which depending on how dry my hands are happens 0-2 times a day. Normally it just slips right off but as the days have been getting colder and my hands dryer my ring finger was becoming less and less forgiving. Here is a picture of the last time I was able to wear my ring.
very real and wonderful ring signifying an
undying love and commitment 
It's not the clearest picture but perhaps you can see the "puffiness" that seems to surround the ring on either side. Once I finally got the ring off (a little soap and tugging) the sore, red imprint it left behind was a sign that I may have waited just a little too long to remove it. 


Not being able to wear my ring for the next 2-3 months is not something I was excited about, which is probably why I waited so long to take it off. So to keep my finger from feeling "naked" and my paranoia that no one will think I'm married abated, I brought out my replacement ring. I originally bought this ring to wear after we got engaged and had to wait for my ring to be sized. Ironically my real ring was a size 7 that had to be sized down to a 4.5, and the fake replacement ring I bought was a size 7 that I had to wrap string around so it would stay on. Well no need for the string anymore. The replacement size 7 ring fits perfectly right now and hopefully my hands won't get any bigger or I might have to get a back-up for my replacement. Maybe my next ring will come with a gumball...
not so real 9.99 ring signifying my vanity and insecurity
that I should ever be seen in public again as "unmarried"

1 comment: