Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My *Groby Belly

As soon as I hear that someone I know is pregnant the first thing I do is look for pictures. I’m not sure why but there’s something about a growing belly that’s intriguing and most people just can’t help but wonder what the previously normal looking person looks like with a baby bump. I’m always frustrated when the pregnant person in question neglects to put up any photos. Aren’t they excited to show off their bump? Don’t they know that everyone is waiting to see that beautiful belly?!

At least this was all before I became pregnant myself. I always thought that I would be eager to show off my swelling abdomen, but as it turns out…not so much. Here’s the thing, when you wake up one day and find that your shirts are too tight and your pants won’t zip let alone button the last thing you want to do is get the camera. It doesn’t quite matter that the weight gain is a good thing, when your clothes don’t fit it’s not exactly a Kodak moment. Let me be clear, I love that I’m pregnant. Not a day goes by that I am not overjoyed at the miracle of life that grows inside me. It’s a blessing and I can’t thank God enough for the gift he’s given me and Aaron.  However, I have no belly button and I’m pretty sure it’s not just my belly that’s gotten bigger, so please forgive me for not having put up a facebook album following its growth up to this point. Perhaps you can understand.

With that said, I’ve decided to bite the bullet and post some pictures. After all with only 13 weeks left to go I can imagine that there is some genuine curiosity out there. So remembering how enthusiastic I once was to look at others and to show off once it finally happened to me, here’s me and *Groby from about a week ago.


I’m currently 27 weeks and truthfully there really hasn't been a whole lot to see until just recently. The true test will come a few weeks from now when, as my dad so lovingly puts it, "you'll need a Hoveround."

*Thanks to Steve for coming up with an awesome new baby name: growing + baby = Groby. Genius.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these!! You look even more beautiful. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pictures! You and Groby both look great! I for one don't think you look like you're getting bigger anywhere except the bump. :) Can't wait to see you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best post ever! Now put up some pictures of Toblerone to complete the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely, Jath! You're glowing. :) Congratulations to you and Aaron! How exciting!
    ~Lisa (Graff) Dixon from UVA

    ReplyDelete