I love my dad!
This morning I was able to listen/watch my dad’s latest sermon at King Street Church in Chambersburg, PA where he's the senior pastor. It was, as usual, a wonderful God-inspired message and while it challenged me spiritually it also made me miss my dad. It hasn’t been that long since I saw him and the rest of my family but sometimes it can seem like an eternity between visits. I planned on texting him just to tell him that I was thinking of him and looking forward to our next visit, but I got side-tracked. Coincidentally while I was being side-tracked my dad called me and left a very sweet message. It turns out we were having very similar father-daughter thoughts today. Thankfully I was able to call him back not too long after his call and we chatted about a number of things over the course of about 30 minutes. It was great for us to talk and it just reminds me of what an awesome dad he is. I love him and more importantly I know how much he loves me. I can’t wait to see him and the rest of my family in only 2 short weeks, and what’s more I can’t wait for him to hold and love my son, his grandson, in the months to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment